Wednesday, January 12, 2011

So it Begins!

I was asked to be a wife Dec 17th 2010, by the man I love. (Thank goodness all those men I did not love did not ask me such a question.) So I figured I would start a blog on how we are going about planning our wedding, for family, friends, and random strangers who stumble upon it.

We are planning a "mostly" DIY wedding as we are both artist and have a unique view as how the wedding should go. Plus the skills to (hopefully) pull it off. I say "mostly DIY" because we will not be cooking the food for the event (although being able to create some recipes would be nice), building a church or venue for the reception from scratch, (if we did it would be out of Popsicle sticks, glitter, and Elmer's glue. Possibly macaroni noodles if budget allowed). We will not be taking our own photos, and I will not be making my dress. We will however be designing our own invites, decorations, favors, etc, and hopefully I can design my dress and have a skilled seamstress make it for me. (If you know of anyone feel free to refer me to them, preferable in the Portland, OR area) More dress talk to come soon.

So far the plan is to keep the wedding under $10,000, a close to impossible task I know, but challenges are what life is for. That and awkward moments, if you bask in the awkward they are fabulous moments.

Also his family is all the way up at the top of the mitten that is Michigan, and the majority of my family is in NW Indiana. So we have to find a good halfway point. Also a lot of our friends are scattered throughout the US. So hopefully all can come for fun times. PLUS we currently reside in Portland, OR. Fun times to be had for sure. 0_o

Anyway that's the gist for now. More posts w/ pics to come. I know I hate reading long rants and just want to look at pretty pictures...or odd or disturbing ones...pretty much as little words as possible is best. =)

I hope to update at least once a week. But we shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment